18 Feb Data Engineer analyst (Big data)
Data engineers analysts (BIG DATA)
Junior and Senior Data Engineers
Our client is a leading global international strategy consultancy. You will be based in their office in Casablanca, working closely with consulting teams specialised on a diverse range of Advance Analitcs topics localy and international level. You will have the opportunity to leverage analytical methodologies to deliver value to Consulting (case) teams and Practice Areas (domain) through providing analytics subject matter expertise, and accelerated execution support.
You will collaborate with case teams to gather requirements, specify, design, develop, deliver and support analytic solutions serving client needs. You will provide technical support through deeper understanding of relevant data analytics solutions and processes to build high quality and efficient analytic solutions.
- Your have at least 2-4 years (juniors) or seniors with 4-6 years of experience within relevant domain of Data Engineering across industries and work experience providing analytics solutions in a commercial setting.
- Your level of English is C1 or very fluent.
Technical expertise (you Must Have)
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Management of Spark clusters, with all included services – various implementations of Spark preferred
- Ability to solve ongoing issues with operating the cluster and optimize for efficiency
- Understanding of prevalent cloud ecosystems and its associated services AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud. Expertise in at least one.
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Working with case (and proposal) teams
- Delivering original analysis and insights to case teams, typically owning all or part of an analytics module whilst integrating with a case team
- Establishing credibility by thought partnering with case teams on analytics topics; drawing conclusions on a range of external and internal issues related to your module
- Communicating analytical insights through sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (including PPT slides and charts) with consultants; collecting, synthesizing, analysing case team learning & inputs into new best practices and methodologies
- Ensuring proper sign‐off before uploading materials into internal repository for reference; sanitizing confidential client content in marketing documents
- Developing broad expertise in at least one analytics topic or platform
- Executing analytical approach and creating defined outcome; contributing to approach selection
Good to have:-
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing ETL process(s) across on-premise and cloud architectures
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
Communicating with confidence and ease
- You will be a clear and confident communicator, able to deliver messages in a concise manner with strong and effective written and verbal communication.
- You should be strong in analytical solutioning with hands on experience in advanced analytics delivery, through the entire life cycle of analytics. Strong analytics skills with the ability to develop and codify knowledge and provide analytical advice where required.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in computer science engineering/technology
- At least 2-4 years within relevant domain of Data Engineering across industries and work experience providing analytics solutions in a commercial setting
- Consulting experience will be considered a plus
YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will report to the Analytics Expert, Team Manager –, and you will work with the case team on client projects (client facing).
We offer to boost your career within a large international strategy consultancy and a very interesting remuneration package.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com